A short few weeks ago, we had our debut at Salone del Mobile.Milan - the Mecca of design fairs. A full week in Milan and we got well into the swing of spending our days on stand at Euroluce, visiting Salone Satellite events, and gorging on delicious pizza and pasta. Here are our highlights of Milan Design Week, 2017.
2017 marks a big dot on the tala map. We've exhibited at shows like Maison et Objet, Frankfurt Light & Build, ICFF NY, and Design Junction on home turf. Salone del Mobile is a whole new ball game. It's huge. This was the 56th addition, which saw nearly 350,000 attendees from 165 different countries.
We had a brilliant turnout at our stand, where we pumped the tunes and kept the drinks flowing! Here's a reel to get the feel, for those who couldn't be there with us:
Some of our favourites:
1. Euroluce exhibition
- Bocci had a magical display of glass jellyfish-like lights
- Rinascente rooftop overlooking el Duomo; the risotto is to die for.
- Rugantino ; the classic Penne all'Arrabbiata is superb!
- Rossana Orlandi; Rossana guided and commanded us around her stunning and frenetic showroom in West Milan. She has a global reputation for design and style and her place was awash with an excited community of visitors.
- Gilda Bojardi; At the helm of the imminent magazine and design community - INTERNI . Gilda was a big fan of the sculptural glass Voronoi design and we enjoyed collaborating at the Milan University to deliver a unique installation in the main courtyard.
Catch us across the pond for our next show at ICFF New York, May 21-24.
Before you go, here are some more tasty photos from our time in Milan... polaroids, so retro.